I got carded on New Year’s Eve while buying a lotto ticket at a bodega. I’m thinking this is going to be a good year. I rarely make resolutions but I’m doing something different this year, so here they are:
- Meatless Mondays – Yep, I’m going all pescatarian maybe vegetarian for one day a week. I need to step my game up when it comes to nutrition. For those of you who don’t know me, I would rather have a steak and mashed potatoes than a slice of the best chocolate cake on earth. I ate no meat or poultry today so I think I can make it.
- More dinner, less take out – I live in New York fucking City, home to a shitload of fantastic Michelin-starred restaurants and I should take advantage of it. I will take advantage of it.
- Update ALL my blogs – I’m not going to lie, I own a plethora of websites. They all need to be revamped, especially this one.
- More maintenance, less laziness – I was never one of those girls who gushed over makeup or shoes. As I got older, I started paying more attention to my clothes, skin and hair. When I do my hair and makeup, and I dress nice, men do notice me…and that leads to…
- I want a boyfriend, dammit. – I have been single for a looooong time. Yes, it’s been two years months since my last relationship, but before that it was five years two years and before that it was seven years five years, so that means I’ve been single for 14 too many years. It’s been long overdue. I’m a nice person with the body of a 24 year old. It shouldn’t be this hard! I’m throwing caution to the wind by giving online dating one last chance. I know, I know, I hate dating websites but I have got to do this by any means necessary.
I have been on MySpace since 2004 and FaceBook since 2005. And now I rule because I have been on Twitter since 2007. Oh yeah, check yourself before you wreck yourself, I am on top of many a trend, before Oprah, before Ashton Kutcher, there was Achixanthem. I have incorporated my Twitter feeds in the handy dandy side bar on this site. I love Twitter! It’s so fast, so easy, so gratifying. For those of you under a rock, here is some info on all that is Twitter.
One work colleague is an amazing photographer. Another co-worker does wonderful drawings, and yet another is a painter. My best friend can read tarot cards and sometimes gets messages from the other side, you know, in the Ghost Whisperer/Medium kind of way. So I asked myself, what is my special talent? A long time ago, I thought it was my foreign language skills, and later on I thought I could work with computers. Just a few years ago, I pictured myself as an excellent chef. And now, I don’t know what to do. Drinking does not count as a talent, people. The uncanny ability to attract homeless men or dirty old men is a curse as far as I’m concerned. Being funny? Perhaps. The ability to blog about food, travel and tv at the same time should be considered an art. Meh…
I am 36 today. I can’t believe I made it this far. I still feel like I haven’t accomplished anything yet. I feel like there should be something more, rather, that I should be something more. So I’m making some changes and I’m just going to do what I want to do. Stressing out doesn’t work. Trying to push things through, doesn’t work. I’m just going to be focused and relaxed and be the best Shenae that I can be.
And yes, I still look fabulous!
courtesy of MP Daily Fix
So Martha was all blogged out today for her show. She had my two favorite bloggers,
Perez Hilton and Matt Armendariz. It was an entire show about blogging and it was fantastic. These people make a chunk of change from their blogs. It’s funny because Perez started his site in 2004…err actually, that’s not funny because if I started my blog in 2000, I should be making as much dough as him. *sighs*